Thursday 16 February 2012

WOOD BURNING ITEMS.

I thought I would show you some of my pyrographed pieces.  Wood burning, or poker work as it's sometimes called,  has been around for a very long time.



 Today however, there are many wonderful tools on the market. I have an Ironcore set and a cheaper set like a soldering iron with several different shaped tips.


  The Ironcore has several wire tips that you can bend into the shaped points that you want, fine and broad tips depending on the look you're after.





I have no idea how the last paragraph appeared in blue.  The mysteries of Blogger!!

Until next time,  take care,

Vicki.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations for your new blog!
    I like what I see here.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a talented lady!! I LOVE this form of art - something I couldn't even begin to succeed in - it's beautiful! You have tags on them - do you sell them somewhere? Hope all is well! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you Drora and Miniaussie for your kind comments. I hope this new blog works ok, time will tell. The tags on some of the items were for a craft cottage that I used to sell my crafts through, not involved with them any-more though.
    Hugs, Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, you certainly are multi-talented. I tried this 'poker work' as it was called then, many years ago and loved it. Your items are all beautifully done. Love your new blog!
    Hugs, Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A warm welcome to my dear friend Sandie. Your comments are all the sweeter coming from someone as talented as you.
    Hugs,
    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete