Friday 24 February 2012

SMALL STITCHED CUSHIONS.

I really loved making theses little stitchery cushions.  They were thank-you gifts that I gave to each of the ladies on my Probus club committee.  The last committee meeting for our year ( in Probus) is always a lunch and the president presents the gifts to her hard-working group of ladies.  Our club is ladies only, there are 89 of us and a fantastic group too!  It's been so much fun and very satisfying to be the president for the past year.  I am very sorry to be stepping down but hope I will be asked again some time in the future.




I like doing stitcheries because the patterns are often simple "country" themes and the colours are cheerful too.


The ladies were each really happy with their gift and now that every-one has seen them,  I might teach my craft group how to do one.



I particularly like the "blessings" message on these. I think I will have to make some extras to have at home.


"Bless our Home" is always a favourite with me.



I have no idea how this one is side-ways. It's the right way up in my photo's.  I hope you can still see it because I made the cat one for my secretary as she's a cat lover and the other one is for the past president because she breeds dogs.

Keep crafting!

Vicki.





5 comments:

  1. wow Vicki lovely gifts for your friends,which probus group do you belong to ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you both for your kind comments. Blogger helps us to make new friends. I'm so happy to have met you today Shez and to Margaret, I used to live in Geelong and your face looks familiar! We may have crossed paths somewhere in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow... these are just beautiful. You made so many and I love that they are all different. Very special gifts you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret I am so sorry but I think I may have deleted your very kind comment. I'm still sorting out this publishing comments without the word verification. Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki I think I commented before on how much I love your stitchery too - it is yet another thing that we have in common (that's becoming a very common phrase) - I love stitching as well. Love, Sandie

    ReplyDelete